Recently, actually almost a month ago, my “friend” Shawn Davids (@sdavids51) invited me to do some homework about myself that he posted on his blog.
Sharing information about myself in a public forum always makes me feel uncomfortable, but since I believe in “transparency” here goes. (Still not happy with you Shawn!)
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I was the tallest person in grade 10 at 5’10”. (Since then, people are a lot bigger!) Currently I am the shortest person in my family.
2. I was born in Schiedam, The Netherlands and I speak and read fluent Dutch.
3. My family and friends come first even though I love my work.
4. One of my proudest moments was working for “Habitat” the United Nations conference in 1976.
5. I have been a waitress, a camp supervisor, a part-time night school teacher for mentally handicapped adults, a cleaner, a nanny, an interpreter and a college instructor.
6. I failed my first year at UBC, but finished my Master’s at 29.
7. I am afraid of heights and flying but force myself to travel because you can not live your life in fear.
8. I love to cook and have an almost “gourmet kitchen.”
9. I love to read fantasy and science fiction and reread the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy every summer.
10. My favourite food is fish and seafood. This summer I had raw, green herring in Hellesloetsluis.
11. I am an extroverted introvert. Basically I am shy, but like to pretend otherwise.
Shawn’s Questions for me:
1. Always smooth peanut butter.
2. My “happy place” is anywhere there is sun. Lately that has been Palm dessert in the Spring time.
3. “White Christmas” was my favourite movie growing up as a child.
4. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”
5. If I could sit down with any person for an hour…..right now it is Richard Bulpitt, because the more I learn about him, the more I wish I could have worked and learned with him. It truly has been a privilege to open up a school in his name.
6.The scariest thing I have ever done is zip-trekking in Costa Rica. (Remember I am afraid of heights! No safety harnesses there!) The rain forests there are extremely tall and the tree canopy is spectacular!
7. My friends would describe me as having a great sense of humour, my colleagues would say dedicated.
8. My best decision was to marry my husband of over 30 years.
9. On my 16th birthday I went for dinner at the Whitespot Dining room on Granville Street in Vancouver.
10. Usually the inside jokes are the funniest, but I like knock knock jokes.
My 11 Bloggers are:
1. Karm Connolly: @karmconnolly
2. Shelley Rolston: @shelleyrolston1
3. Lara Lacroix: @llacro1x
4. Kirk Weiss: @weiss_sd35
6. Sarban Sangha: @Sarblangley
7. Derek Mccracken:
8. Marcello Moino: @m_moino
9. Vanessa Jaggi: @vjaggi40
10. Carol Perry: CLPerry55
11. Deb Cowland: @DebCowland
11 Questions for 11 bloggers:
1. Favorite TV show and why.
2. Favorite sport in high school
3. Who has made a difference in your life and why?
4. Best family holiday ever and why?
5. Where do you hope to be ten years from now?
6. What is the nicest thing you have ever done for someone else?
7. Who is your hero?
8. Why do you do what you do?
9. Your favourite restaurant and why.
10. What are you most thankful for.
Now it is your turn, here’s how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Post back here with a link after you write this. Go on, you have homework to do.